The Ontario Trillium Foundation released the "Challenges and Opportunities for Ontario's Not-for-Profit Sector During Tough Economic Times" report.
Key findings from this report:
- Non-Profit organizations in Ontario are concerned about the potential impact of the recession on the organizations they lead,
- Approximately one-third of the organizations were already experiencing serious economic impacts and there is fear that the recession will get worse,
- A number of community and social service organizations are realizing an increase in the demand for their services,
- Stock market declines have impacted the value of endowment funds
- A number of corporate donors and sponsors are frequently not renewing sponsorship/grants
However, Ontario's non-profit sector is working to develop survival strategies, says Robin Cardozo, CEO of the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
These strategies include:
- sharing best practices,
- looking for new ways to collaborate
- looking for new ways to diversify funding and fundraising
- engaging funders in ways to have greater impact with fewer dollars
- reducing costs
The non-profit sector in Ontario is enriched by this research and as such, I would like to congratulate the Ontario Trillium Foundation for deciding to conduct this research, having this important dialogue with non-profit organizations, and sharing this research with the non-profit sector.
For more details and information on this report please read the full report -"Challenges and Opportunities for Ontario's Not-for-Profit Sector During Tough Economic Times" - on the Ontario Trillium Foundation website.
Money Is Politics - You read that right. And here's what it means for Trump's new Fed chair.
1 week ago